Watching the good, the bad, and the ugly of the cinamatic world
2 1/2 minutes at a time.

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Untitled JJ Abrams Project

This movie is that one where only the release date is given. It shows a bunch of 20-somethings celebrating someone's going-away or something. Suddenly there are loud noises and people talking about a monster. They all rush outside, see a distant explosion, then hear growling/roaring getting closer. And all of this is seen via a POV shot from a crappy digital camera.

If I had seen this trailer prior to reading about the film, I would have been very intrigued. However, I had already discovered that the entire film is shot in that shitty POV style, and will follow this group of indistinguishably attractive people as they deal with a giant monster.

I'm not going to bother with the "Blair Witch" comparisons. Others will handle that for me. What I am going to say is this: if there's a giant monster, you put down the camera. Any human hand capable of holding a camera is also capable of holding a gun, knife, steel bar, baseball bat, big stick or any other kind of weapon that might in some small way help you fend off a man-eating creature. The trailer is interesting, but I simply do not want to put up with 90 minutes of shaky-camera.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home